Summer 2020 Is Not Over: Governors Island Reopen
Even though Summer 2020 was nothing none of us expected it to be, that does not mean it has to go to complete waste. Governors Island reopened in July with new vendors. You can take the ferry there to have a picnic with your friends, or take a break from busy NYC.
Governors Island time will be limited to 10 am – 6 pm on the weekdays and 10 am – 7 pm on the weekend due to Covid-19. You can take the ferry from Manhattan every day to the island, or at Brooklyn Bridge Pier 6 which was recently added.
- Island Oyster, a seafood restaurant on the water that has outdoor seating.
- Tacos and margaritas from Taco Vista.
- Friday to Sunday Fauzia’s Heavenly Delights will be open. A Jamaican food truck that sells jerk chicken and vegetarian options.
- Deserts such as ice cream sandwiches from Melt Bakery. Melt Bakery is opened Friday to Sunday.
- Kimchi bowls, burritos, and tacos from Kimchi Taco Truck.
- A percentage of Perros Y Vainas sales will go to nonprofit organizations in Venezuela. Try their Venezuelan hot dogs.
- Ethiopian food truck named Makina Cafe. It is only opened Friday to Sunday.
- Fish tacos and frozen drinks from Little Eva’s.
- Cool down with a popsicle from People’s Pop.
Find more information on food vendors and travel information here.